Kauri Cliffs Lodge, New Zealand now has an exciting opportunity for a Spa Manager to join their team. Elevate your career to a new level in the luxury hospitality market and come on an adventure at Kauri Cliffs Lodge based in Northland.
You may be looking for a working holiday adventure in New Zealand or interested in further developing your hospitality career with us.
The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs is located in the Bay of Islands, at the top of the North Island of New Zealand. Set on 6,000 acres of Pacific coastland, this luxury lodge is one of the most celebrated boutique resort hotels in the world.
The Spa at Kauri Cliffs offers four treatment rooms, complete with a couples treatment room and a Vichy shower room. It also offers a fully equipped fitness centre, indoor lap pool, sauna and spa pool along with changing facilities. Nestled in a Totara forest overlooking a fern-fringed stream, the Kauri Cliff Spa offers an exclusive range of unique experiences by way of the finest holistic therapies and natural, indigenous products.
The regions where our lodges are located – Northland, Hawke’s Bay and Queenstown – are filled with some of New Zealand’s most recognised visitor icons and attractions, as well as lesser travelled roads that are equally worth a visit. Enjoy diverse and stunning scenery with magnificent views, native bush, suspension bridges, waterfalls, beautiful streams, lakes, stunning beaches, estuaries, harbours, boardwalks, disused train corridors and tunnels. In addition, experience our amazing vineyards and adventure sports and ski fields. No matter what the season, New Zealand offers visitors action-packed adventure and unparalleled scenery that will no doubt impress!
Kauri Cliffs is a member of Relais & Chateaux, an exclusive collection of the finest hotels and restaurants in the world.
What you will do:
We are recruiting for an experienced and professional Spa Manager to join our team and oversee our Spa operation. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills and be willing and able to work weekends, evenings and public holidays.
We are seeking a hands-on leader who can use their energy, expertise and management skills to ensure our in-house Spa team is profitable and continues to exceed guest expectations.
The Spa Manager is responsible for all training, recruiting, stock ordering and day-to-day management of the Spa and Fitness Centre at Kauri Cliffs.
This is a hands-on role and will require the individual to work independently, with the ability to carry out all beauty and massage treatments, as well as manage independent contractors and employees during high Season.
This is a key position and the successful candidate will need to have a strong focus on excellence, plenty of enthusiasm and a flexible approach. The right applicant must be self-motivated, a team player and able to work well in a high-pressure environment.
- Providing professional and 5-star quality guest service
- Carry out all spa treatments in line with our high standards
- Maintain a proficient knowledge of spa services and products, understanding all applications and benefits
- Booking appointments, assisting with inquiries and answering phone calls
- Keeping our luxurious Spa looking beautiful
What you will bring:
- Experience in a hospitality environment (ideally at the luxury level)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Relevant Massage and Beauty qualifications (diploma level)
- Passion and drive to motivate a team
- The ability to lead by example
- Experience in working to and achieving sales targets
- Impeccable personal grooming
- And be willing and able to work weekends, evenings and public holidays
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- On-site accommodation
- Delicious staff lunches
- Access to our Staff Perks Programme with a wide range of discounts and deals with our suppliers and partners.
- In addition, we endeavour whenever possible to provide staff with 2 days in a row off each week.
- Having your own reliable transport, is an advantage
PLEASE CHECK THE BELOW VISA REQUIREMENTS BEFORE APPLYING
Visa Eligibility: Please check your eligibility for a New Zealand working holiday visa. The age limit for a working visa is generally up to 30 -35. From July, UK citizens will be able to apply for a 3-year visa and up to the age of 35.
Eligible Nationalities for the Working Holiday Visas.
- Hong Kong
- United Kingdom
APPLY NOW | If you wish to apply for this role and have the attributes above, we’d love to hear from you. Please check the above visa eligibility before submitting your CV.
Other vacancies can be found at: https://www.robertsonlodges.com/career